Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Let's Talk Pinterest

I mean, who doesn't just love it?



(psst...you can follow me here if you want)

One of my favorite things to use pinterest for is for meal planning. Meal planning has really helped us cut costs and saves my sanity because I'm not stressing about what we're going to have for dinner around 545 when Mr. walks through the door.

Sometimes (okay, a lot of times) I run out of ideas of what to make. You can only make spaghetti so. many. times. before it gets old, ya know? So thats usually when I take to Pinterest. Usually on Thursdays or Fridays after work I sit down with a piece of paper. Then, I make a list of the days and pick a few 'regulars' that Mr. and I both like a lot. There's usually one or two slots left open, so I fill those up with new things to try.

Here's what I'm planning on making next week:

Saturday: Cheeseburgers
chips & corn on the cob

Sunday: Salmon in a bag (pinned here)
parmesan roasted green beans (pinned here)

Monday: Impossible Cheeseburger Pie
garlic parmesan edamame (pinned here)

Tuesday: leftovers

Wednesday: Taco Salad

Thursday: leftovers

Friday: Date night: dinner and a movie out.

I've also been picking out one sweet thing to make from my 'sweets' board every week. Last week I made no-bake chocolate chip peanut butter oatmeal cookies (from here) and ohmygosh they were to die for. I may have eaten about 4 of them in one sitting. I'm going to try these lemon sugar cookies with lemon cream cheese icing (pinned here) this week. They look ah-may-zing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment