Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

Crockpot Pumpkin Applesauce

(source
Last year I ran across a pin for crockpot pumpkin applesauce. I made it a few times that fall and it. was. so. good. After we went to the apple orchard a few weeks ago, I tried to pull up the pin that had the recipe and just couldn't find it. I searched and searched and eventually found that the blog has since been taken down! It wasn't that hard of a recipe, to be honest, so I just guessed and it turned out pretty good. 

Ingredients: 
10-15 apples (I used a combonation of Honey Crisp, Johnathan, and Golden Delicious)
1/2 C sugar
15 oz can of pumpkin puree 
Pumpkin pie spice to taste

Directions: 
* Peel and chop the apples 

*Put everything in the crockpot and stir so it's all well combined. 

*Turn on the crockpot to low and let cook for 5-6 hours or until the apples are soft. 

* If you like smooth applesauce, put the applesauce in a blender or food processer and blend until smooth. If you're like me and like chunky applesauce, take a potato masher and mash until it's the right consistency. 

That's it! I forgot to take a picture when I made it a few weeks ago and by the time I typed this up, it was all gone. Next time I make it, I'll add some picutres to this post. 

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment