Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Quick and Easy Taco Salad


We love taco salad in our house. It was the first thing I ever cooked Todd when we were first dating and every time I make it, one of the two of us brings that up and it makes me all nostalgic. It's incredibly easy and great for a weeknight when you don't have much time or energy for a good meal. I love it because it's low carb/high protein which is great for diabetics. 

Ingredients: 
1 lb of lean ground beef or turkey
Taco seasoning
1 bag of baby spinach or other bagged leafy greens 
1 can of red kidney beans
Doritos
Catalina dressing
Cheddar jack cheese 

Directions: 
Brown the meat and use the taco seasoning according to the package
Once the meat is browned, everyone can make up their own salad using however much of the ingredients they want. I start off with the salad as a base, put meat, cheese, and kidney beans, and crush a handful of Doritos for the top. 
The Catalina dressing goes on last and you're done! 

I love this because you can assemble it yourself and the 'goodies' don't get lost in the bottom of the salad bowl. I also used to make this in college and kept everything separate so I could make this multiple times during the week for dinner or lunch. So. Good. 

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment