Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

We're baaaaaaaaaaaack!

So much for my committment to be a better blogger. Whoops. But, it seems like when you move across the country, time and blogging just slips away from you. It's been a busy late summer/eary fall around our house and every time I sit at the computer I think to myself 'I really should update the blog' but...I just never do. So, here I am! Updating and stuff!

Highlights since August:

* After a lot of prayer and talking, we decided that a move to Michigan was in order. Utah was wonderful, but T and I felt it was going to be easier to be surrounded by support and family when the baby comes. And that support and family is in Michigan.

* We put our house on the market in early August

* We sold the house in 10 days. TEN DAYS PEOPLE. I was shocked and amazed and pleased and happy.

* We found out we're having a BOY!!!!! 

  

* Three days after I turned 25 (!!) we packed up the house with the help of my parents and started the four day drive from Utah to Michigan. Let me tell you that moving 2 dogs, 4 people, a moving truck, 2 cars (one on a trailer), and the entire contents of a house was an experience I never ever want to have ever again. 

* We moved into our new apartnemt. 

*T found a fantastic job within SIX days of getting here. Take THAT Michigan economy. 

* We celebrated our 2 year engagement-versary 


* We started working on our woodland themed nursery (which, omg, I am so excited about you have no idea) 


I can't even explain how good it feels to be back home, surrounded by family, and watching the leaves change. T is loving Michigan too and I am loving showing him around the place where I grew up. 


Here's what's up next for the Smith clan: 
* Our next ultrasound is on Monday. I can't wait to see my baby boy again. 

* I have a few recipes that are in the works for the blog: Pumpkin Applesause and Salsa Chicken Bake! 

* Nursery decoration and baby prep. 

* Lots and lots of family time. 

* More blogging. I promise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment